- Ryan Dodge, Social Media Coordinator at the Royal Ontario Museum (@wrdodger on Twitter)
Interested in joining the Social Media SIG? Fill out Google form here, someone will be in touch shortly.
The mission of the MCN Social Media SIG is to support MCN members working with social media through the sharing of knowledge and experience in an effort to maximize the impact of content and strategy development, campaign execution, and campaign evaluation. The SIG will also focus on sharing technical knowledge and best practices with the community and act as a discussion forum to enable this.
MCN’s Social Media SIG examines the campaigns, issues, and trends in social media as it relates to museums. This group is for any individual who works with social media directly or is interested in its application in a museum context, with an emphasis on content and strategy development.
Goals for the community
To support: knowledge sharing, strategy, content development, and evaluation of social media projects.
Relevant topics include:
- Content management and related tools as they pertain to social media management
- Methods for maximizing content creation and its dispersal across social media platforms
- The integration of new and varied media in campaigns and projects
- The role of social media in supporting our educationally focused missions
- The potential for pan-institutional, mutually beneficial campaigns and projects
- Standards and best practices in social media metrics and the evaluation of campaigns
Discussion forums include: