Douglas Hegley, Chief Digital Officer, Minneapolis Institute of Art
Mark McKay, Director of Digital, Art Gallery of Ontario
Strategic planning is beneficial for all Museums to undertake. In particular strategic planning in the digital realm is not only beneficial, but necessary in today’s Museum. From a high-level, senior management perspective, discussions will begin with addressing digital interpretation, digital asset management, and the sharing of the Museum’s rich digital content. How do we contend with gaining support for digital initiatives? How do digital priorities fit into overall Museum strategic priorities? How do we educate the importance of digital access and encourage all staff to be digital advocates? How do we fund our priorities in relationship to all Museum priorities?
Discussion topics include
- The role of digital in museum-wide strategic planning
- Digital content strategies
- Managing up and educating throughout the museum
- Priorities and balancing these priorities across the museum
- The role of digital content in exhibitions and maximizing its effectiveness
- Digital technologies and how we tell our stories
- Museum-wide digital responsibilities
Interested in joining the Strategy SIG?
Fill out this Google form. Someone will be in touch shortly.