…at the Conference!
Post by Max Evjen
Always coming up with ideas for proposals while socializing with other #musetech professionals at MCN? Want to build upon what you’ve heard while it’s still fresh? This brand-new kind of session is for you! Submit your ideas for the MCN Humanizing the Un-Conference! This is an effort to create the ultimate flexibility in the conference schedule, so the entire block of 45-minute concurrent sessions on Friday, November 16th, from 3:15–4 p.m., has been dedicated to ideas that you and your colleagues will come up with while at #MCN2018.
Here’s how it works:
- Post your ideas on the “HTU” sign-up sheet in the MCN Lounge on Tuesday and Wednesday of the conference to get interest from others who want to be a part of your session (and tweet #MCN2018-HTU to search for others over Twitter)
- Talk with other people interested in your idea—they can join you as co-presenters or just attend and participate in the discussion.
- Turn your ideas into proposals that you post in the Humanizing the Un-conference area of the MCN Lounge 8AM to 5PM on Thursday.
- Sessions will be assigned to available rooms on Thursday evening and room assignments for accepted proposals will be listed on the easel pad in the Humanizing the Un-conference area of the MCN Lounge, on signs outside the conference rooms where the session are held, in the #MCN2018 app, and will be announced on MCN’s Twitter account.
Examples of session descriptions could look like:
- What is a Pilot, and how do I do that? is a discussion about piloting digital initiatives, and how you can make them work in your organization.
- This Digital Thing is Dead. A session for #musetech folks to commiserate over tech projects in museums that utterly failed. We’ll discuss how we might possibly change those failures to successes.
- Present your session from 3:15 – 4 p.m. Friday!
All rooms will have easel pads, markers, post it notes, and A/V capability.
Join us for this one of a kind experience! We can’t wait to see how you create the conference’s final discussions, and where that will take us after MCN!