MCN is pleased to offer scholarships to fifteen (15) qualified applicants from the cultural sector to attend MCN2015 in Minneapolis. The MCN scholarship program is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors.
- One complimentary conference registration.
- Complimentary attendance at one of the workshops on Wednesday November 4.
- Complimentary meet-and-greet with other scholarship recipients.
- A $400 (USD) travel and food allowance.
- Complimentary three (3) hotel-nights (Wednesday November 4, Thursday November 5 and Friday November 6) at the conference hotel in Minneapolis.
- Complimentary one (1) year Emerging MCN membership.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to use their skills to assist MCN and add to the conference experience by capturing important ideas and themes that develop during sessions and events. These efforts will include daily blogging to summarize exciting trends or themes that are emerging from various sessions, assisting with photography and video capture throughout the conference, live note taking, and blogging after the conference. Recipients will be assigned duties based on their skill sets along with the personal and professional interests outlined in their applications.
To be eligible for an MCN Scholarship, you must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Employed at an institution with no more than 20 permanent staff, OR
- First-time MCN conference attendee, OR
- New to the profession with less than 2 years’ experience in the field.
- Interested candidates should fill out a Scholarship Application. The deadline is September 2, 2015 at 11:59pm EST.
- Previous recipients of MCN scholarships are NOT eligible.
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Selected recipients will be responsible for their own travel arrangements and visa applications if required.
Review Process and Award Notification
The MCN Scholarship Committee will review all applications and select a diverse group of recipients based on their professional background, field of expertise, and current position. Most importantly, the committee will be evaluating how well applicants can make the case that their attendance at the MCN 2015 conference will be valuable and essential for their development, their institution, their professional community, and/or the MCN annual conference.
Selected recipients will be notified within approximately fifteen (15) days after the scholarship deadline.
Accepted scholars must confirm their participation in writing by October 1, 2015 at 11:59PM EST.
A waiting list will be kept to allow others to attend in the event that selected recipients cannot attend.
Direct questions & inquiries to:
Elizabeth Bollwerk & Rosanna Flouty, Scholarship Committee co-chairs
Looking for the Ed Bachta Memorial Scholarship?
Photo: Chris Evans