This year MCN celebrates its 50th anniversary. Just as MCN has established a network of established and emerging professionals, #MCN50 Voices brings members together, old and new, near and far.
This audio conversation is illustrated (and linked!) by Jason Alderman (left), who was interviewed by Scott Sayre. Jason talks about how he entered the museum field through an interest in the intersection of digital and physical design, about several of the projects he’s worked on, and his interest in getting museums to go beyond the touchscreen.
Jason Alderman is an interaction and experience designer who works as an independent consultant to museums, and Scott Sayre is chief information officer at the Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, New York.
Below are links to some of the projects Jason mentions in the interview:
- Raspberry Pi Model Railroad Museum
- MCN2015 presentation about the Railroad Museum project
- Open Source Hardware MCN2016 workshop handout
A few other projects with the Balboa Park Online Ccollaborative (BPOC):
- Old Globe’s “Spirited Chairs”
- The San Diego Museum of Art’s Art of Music touchtable (tag team with Wesley Hsu)
- Bret Victor’s “A Brief Rant On Interaction Design”