We’d love you to organize your own gathering to celebrate MCN’s 50th anniversary. Below is a simple toolkit to get you started. MCN can promote your event, and would love to share photos and stories. A budget is available for some of these, so contact us early! Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Past Birthday Parties
Check out #MCN50 on Twitter for some photos from the events.
- Los Angeles on February 16 at R Bar LA.
- May 18 – Denver hosted a party at the Clyfford Still Museum
- May 18 – Minneapolis – 6:30 p.m. at Icehouse
Upcoming Birthday Parties:
- June 13 in New York City 6-8 p.m. at Bierocracy,12-23 Jackson Ave (@47 Rd), Long Island City 11101 RSVP on Facebook
- June 23 in San Francisco hosted by SFMOMA. 3-6 p.m. See the schedule and register on eventbrite.
- September – London
Toolkit for your Birthday Party:
- Let us know about your event at least 2 weeks before the date so MCN has time to promote the event on social media ahead of time and to send you #MCN50 badges. Once you have a date, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Susan Edwards.
- Limited funds may be available for these parties, after submitting an itemized budget in advance. You can buy attendees a drink or appetizers, order a cake, buy supplies for a party game, etc.
- MCN will provide basic history of the organization in a few easy to communicate factoids and ask organizer to mention at the event in some way.
- MCN to provide MCN and MCN50 logos to organizers for use, and #MCN50 badges.
- Take lots of photos and video and share those on social media using #MCN50 hashtag.
- We suggest you invite people in the MCN community and reach out to people in your area who may not know of MCN and may like to be introduced to it.
- Ask one or more people to write up a short blog post about the event to be posted on MCN’s blog.
- (optional) Have a theme for the meeting related to museums & technology.
- (optional) Ask one or more people to speak to the topic.
- (optional) Plan a group activity or game.
- (optional) Have cake with MCN logo on it.