Call for Applications
MCN is hosting our first-ever virtual conference and we need your help to make it the best online conference it can be. Being a volunteer for MCN is a great way to get your name out in the museum tech community and learn from industry professionals. Apply to become a volunteer at MCN 2020 VIRTUAL today!
MCN volunteers are expected to:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Meet minimum expectations for roles (below) and qualifying shifts
- Sign and adhere to the Volunteer Agreement
Volunteering at MCN looks a little different this year. There are two distinct volunteer roles, and each one is crucial in helping the conference run smoothly: Facilitation Volunteer and Tech Support Volunteer. Volunteer placement will depend on your level of expertise with various online platforms, enthusiasm for the position, and the ability to complete training. In your application, please explain how your professional and personal experiences would allow you to successfully volunteer in one or both of the roles available.
- Facilitator: Works closely with lead panelists to ensure assigned sessions are supported; confirms participants’ audio and video is functioning properly; facilitates conversation in the session chat (session dependent) and on Slack channels as assigned.
- Tech Support: Provides technical support and assistance to sessions as needed; has high level of knowledge and experience supporting video conferencing in Zoom.
Facilitator Volunteer Expectations
- Facilitators are assigned to specific shifts during the conference. Shifts are 2 hours at most. Each facilitator volunteer must work 3-4 shifts during the conference.
- Facilitators must attend a pre-conference online volunteer orientation (approximately 1 hour).
- Facilitator volunteers are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to their assigned session to set up the session, organize panelists, and ensure correct slides are ready to present.
- Facilitator volunteers are also responsible for shifts facilitating conversation in the MCN Slack channels as assigned.
Tech Support Expectations
- Tech support volunteers are assigned specific days during the conference. Each tech support volunteer is expected to work 1-2 days during the conference.
- Tech support must attend a pre-conference online volunteer orientation (approximately 1 hour).
- Tech support volunteers are expected to be on call during their assigned day to offer support during the sessions.
- Tech Support will also be responsible for monitoring Tech Support Slack channel during their shift.
- Free MCN 2020 VIRTUALconference registration and 1-year complimentary MCN membership to start at launch of MCN online community portal (estimated: Spring 2021)
- Opportunities to network with MCN program chairs, presenters, and other volunteers.