Ryan Waggoner, Creative Services Manager, Spencer Museum of Art
Ryan Waggoner is a visual storyteller with a passion for art and museums. He is currently Creative Services Manager at the Spencer Museum of Art, leading a team of employees in video production, collection photography and graphic design. Waggoner is a graduate of the University of Kansas and the Getty Leadership Institute.
Gregory Castillo, Photographer/Videographer, Perot Museum of Nature and Science (newly elected)
Gregory Castillo is the Photographer/Videographer the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas, Tx. In his role he creates digital content that helps the Perot Museum inspire minds through nature and science. Prior to joining the Perot Museum, he served as the Multimedia Producer at the Dallas Museum of Art from 2015-2021. From 2010-2015, Castillo worked as a photojournalist, with stints at the Dallas Morning News, Miami Herald and WLRN NPR News. A first-generation Cuban/Nicaraguan American, Gregory is a native of Miami, Fl. He lives in Garland, Texas with his wife Jessica and their two cocker-spaniels Bastion and Ella.
Our mission is to support museum professionals through discussions on methods for digital media production (video, audio, text, etc.) as a storytelling and audience engagement device to manifest an organization’s identity and mission.
MCN’s Media Production and Branding SIG maintains a technical focus on production methodology as well as developing brand identity through creation and distribution of digital content. This community is dedicated to sharing both the conceptual and technical knowledge for digital media production and distribution in a growing digital ecosystem.
This community seeks to support and foster conversation around the following topics:
- Branding as a relationship building tool for museums
- Telling stories to develop brand identity with digital media
- Production styles and benchmarking approaches for digital content development
- How branding can inform technical approaches to content production
- Distribution of content: Website, Apps, Vimeo, YouTube and social platforms
- How brand drives decisions in user experience and interface of web channels
- Live distribution: streaming, broadcast and social media platforms
- Establishing best practices for production and distribution of digital content
- Evaluating the digital media with test audiences and analytics to improve production practices and accessibility of content