MCN envisions a world in which all museums are empowered digitally to achieve their missions.
To grow the digital capacity of museum professionals by connecting them to ideas, information, opportunities, proven practices, and each other.
From its inception, MCN has always self-organized around its members. As a membership organization, MCN is dedicated to growing the digital capacity of museum professionals by connecting them to ideas, information, opportunities, proven practices, and each other. We do this by offering the following programs:
- MCN Conference: MCN’s marquee event hosted every year since 1968, MCN’s annual conference draws over 600 cultural heritage professionals from museums, historic sites and visitor attractions in North America and beyond. Each conference features a variety of interactions and professional development opportunities.
- MCN Membership: membership is open to anyone willing to join an exceptional network of digital leaders and museum professionals who support each other by sharing expertise and resources.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): MCN’s SIGs are volunteer-led members’ groups organized around specific topics of interest or niche practice areas that reflect the diversity of the many technology and digital practices in museums. SIGs provide MCN members the opportunity to connect with colleagues doing similar work, explore opportunities to collaborate among them, share resources and effective practices, or discuss ways to advance their area of digital practice.
- MCN Mentorship: MCN’s member-only annual mentorship program matches and supports a growing number of self-guided mentor-mentee pairs that helps them navigate their career and the challenges they face in an ever-changing world.
- MCN YouTube Channel: MCN offers hundreds of recorded conference presentations from its annual conference and online webinars on the MCN YouTube channel as a resource for the community.
- MCN Forum: MCN’s most valuable resource to the community, offering the latest events and activities around the cultural sector, sharing resources, and engaging in daily discussions about current trends and effective practices where subscribers share Q&As and support each other on a variety of work challenges.