When visiting and contributing to MCN’s social media channels and other MCN affiliated online properties, we ask that you abide by the following Community Guidelines.
MCN welcomes your comments and encourages all of our users to express their opinions freely and enter into informed debate. Please note that you are individually responsible for the content of your comments. Our community is diverse and opinions expressed in posts not administered by MCN are not necessarily those of MCN and its staff, board, and volunteers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of these posts.
We encourage dialogue and conversation and want our social media platforms to be an open and honest forum. That being said, we also want posts to be courteous, positive, and content should be relevant to the MCN community. We reserve the right to delete any of the following content and block users who share such content:
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful or racist posts, links or images.
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organization.
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or not-for-profit organizations, websites, contests or promotions.
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user.
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users.
In addition, we encourage everyone to:
- Use accountability and compassion when connecting.
- Realize that we can disagree without being disagreeable.
- Seek to understand one another, approaching conversations with genuine curiosity.
- Uplift one another with the understanding and commitment that, across all MCN’s forums, we all have equal voices without regard for title, position, or years of professional experience.
- Recognize that we can only speak from our personal experiences, rather than generalize about a sector that includes so many different types of institutions.
- Honor that we do, indeed, contain multitudes – different genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, economic backgrounds, linguistic heritages – and such differences are vital to our community.
- Commit to keeping MCN online forums and their conversations collegial and affirming.