What is Digital Now?
10 MINI-EVENTS OCT-NOV 2021
Oct. Tuesdays–Wednesdays–Thursdays + Nov. 9–10
Registration opens August 2. Prices to be announced soon.
Acknowledging the immense hardship and recalibration we’ve all had to endure over the past year, we invite you to consider “What is Digital Now?” This question encompasses the anxiety and uncertainty of the present while making space for curiosity and generative possibilities around how the future for digital technologies might look in museums.
What’s new this year?
MCN 2021 VIRTUAL will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout October, and November 9 and 10 in distinct mini-events, each focusing on a specific strand or practice area with only 2 concurring tracks on the same topic at most. Each mini-event will be about 3 hours long (not including networking and social events, which will be scheduled separately).
- October 5 “Get Inspired’ day: Welcome + Plenary Keynote + Ignite MCN
- SIGs-led ‘Lunch Bag Roundtables’ on various topics will be available throughout October
- October 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, and 26: dedicated tracks days
- October 28 ‘Hands On’ day: Workshops + Professional Development sessions
- Cultural-Futures Awards ceremony
- November 9 ‘Big Ideas’ day + Karaoke
- November 10 ‘Learnings’ day: What Have We Learned Panel + Closing Keynote
This year, we’re adding a global touch to the MCN conference in the form of a “Follow-the-Sun” program composed of 4 mini-events focused on 4 regions of the world, held in their time zones. Each will explore “What is Digital Now?” from their unique regional perspective and will be discussed in a global recap on the final day:
- Asia/Pacific – October 6
- Middle East/Africa – October 13
- Europe – October 20
- Latin America – October 27
- Networking sessions and other social events will be offered throughout the conference
- MCN 2021 VIRTUAL dedicated Slack channels will be available for side conversations throughout the conference
Email: email@example.com or call (888) 211-1477 extension 802.