Oct. Tuesdays–Wednesdays–Thursdays + Nov. 9–10
Our Approach to Registration
- Since the first MCN annual conference, providing a space to support the work of our vibrant musetech community has been our top priority. We recognize that this continues to be a challenging time for many and that attending MCN 2021 may be difficult. To that end, we are offering the lowest registration rate feasible, which includes an annual membership with access to MCN content and a network of active museum professionals working in digital and tech all year long.
- MCN is a nonprofit organization, and all proceeds from conference registrations go towards costs associated with hosting the event and helps fund our year-round work.
- In addition, MCN is actively seeking sponsors to support our efforts to provide registration assistance to members of our community who have been financially impacted by furloughs, lay-offs, and or are otherwise not able to afford the full cost to attend.
Standard Registration includes membership!
- Not a member yet? We got you covered!
- Offering a year-round space for members to connect, share ideas, tips, job postings, and much more, MCN is the only global network of professionals dedicated to tech and digital practice in museums.
- We’re so sure you’ll find it invaluable that we’re including a 1-year membership to MCN with Standard Registration. Together, let’s continue to advance the thinking around emerging technologies in museums.
What’s included in MCN 2021?
- 14 mini-events organized by tracks, including 4 Global Region Spotlights
- Over 60 panels, roundtables, workshops, and professional development sessions
- Links to all session recordings on-demand
- Over 100 speakers from around the world and the cultural sector
- Unique online experiences, live sessions, networking, and after-hours virtual social events
All tickets include full access to all sessions + all recorded sessions post-event, except for Workshops, which are optional and require an additional $75 fee.
- Standard Registration (includes membership) – $220: not a member yet? Not a problem. This ticket includes a 1-year MCN membership. Through October 4, 2021 only.
- Member Registration – $150: MCN members will receive a personalized member link to register.
- Speaker Registration – $100: you will receive an email with a link to register at the speaker rate after you have confirmed that you will present.
- Hardship/Student Registration – $60: a special ‘Registration Assistance Fund’, made possible by the generous contributions of our sponsors, allows for a limited number of tickets for students and anyone experiencing financial hardship. First come, first served. Due to the limited availability of tickets, we ask that only those who really need assistance take advantage of this offer.
- Last Chance Registration (includes membership) – $260: Starting October 5, 2021. Includes a 1-year MCN membership.
- Workshops – $75: develop some solid skills in our amazing lineup of workshops. Space is limited to 20. (Fully refunded if cancelled.)
BIPOC Speakers Fund
- As a professional development organization, MCN sees our role in addressing this problem as providing resources and eliminating barriers for BIPOC people to engage in our spaces.
- The BIPOC Speakers Fund is one resource out of many more that are needed to encourage the engagement of BIPOC people in our conference. We invite you to donate toward a special fund that will be equally distributed among self-identified, self-nominated BIPOC conference speakers.
- Your contribution will help support the voices of BIPOC colleagues within the cultural sector. It is one step in a much larger movement to rectify the injustices that are inherent within museums and outside. Please consider making a donation at check-out. Thank you.
Purchase Your Registration
What happens after I register?
- The first step to joining MCN 2021 is to register. From there, you will receive an email with all of the information you need to access and navigate MCN’s virtual conference space.
- Once you’re in MCN Sched, we encourage you to complete your profile and upload a headshot to let others know about you.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- You may cancel your MCN 2021 conference registration and receive a full refund up until September 28, 2021. No cancellation after that date. No exceptions.
- If a workshop you signed up for is cancelled, you will be refunded the $75 hold fee in full, less Eventbrite fees.
Note about Eventbrite Fees
- MCN uses Eventbrite to process transactions and payments.
- The Eventbrite fees are nonrefundable.
- There are two exceptions: 1) Eventbrite will refund the fees to buyers if the event is cancelled, or 2) if the buyer requests a refund for a duplicate charge within 7 days of purchase.
Questions or issues with registration?
Email [email protected] or call (888) 211-1477 extension 802.